The Receptionist is the first point of contact for Casa de Modesto and is responsible for managing the front desk on a daily basis while performing a variety of basic administrative and clerical tasks.
- Receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answers, screens, and forwards incoming phone calls to the appropriate individuals.
- Provides information to the general public, residents, visitors, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted at the organization and location of departments, offices, and to residents.
- Ensures Reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Manages the Resident morning check-ins.
- Receives, sorts and distributes daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintains office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the Reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Assists with preparing the quarterly Casa de Modesto Newsletter, Rambler and monthly menus for distribution to Residents.
- Schedules Resident appointments and updates appointment calendars.
- Distributes facility keys to staff as necessary.
- Creates maintenance work orders for Residents and staff.
- Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Performs other various clerical receptionist tasks as needed and assigned.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain business/professional boundaries with all staff, management and outside vendors.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and other required trainings.
- Complies with safety standards and ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff, residents, and guests at all times.
- Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and residents when needed.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience preferred.
- Ability to operate and utilize all computer functions and have wide knowledge of program usage including Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Must have good active listening skills.
- Strong and effective customer service, telephone and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to residents, staff, families, vendors, and all business relationships in English language.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff in an effective, neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to function as a member of the team in a multi-task environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and changing conditions.