The Maintenance Technician II performs a variety of skilled maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and other physical structures in/around the facility.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains all HVAC equipment, refrigerated equipment, and electrical equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on facility machines and equipment.
- Performs daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual checks as assigned.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to department management.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Assists Department Director as needed with prioritizing and assigning work orders and maintenance requests assuring they are completed in a timely manner.
- Participates in safety inspections and building code requirements as requested helping to ensure compliance with facility standards and applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Works “on-call” as needed and assigned for emergency troubleshooting and repairs.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Follows established safety rules, policies and procedures of the Maintenance department.
- Perform general cleaning as needed.
- Operates computer and programs including other business office machines.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains business/professional boundaries with all staff, management and outside vendors.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and other required trainings.
- Complies with facility safety standards and ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff, residents, and guests at all times.
- Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and residents when needed.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs and assists with other related duties and special projects as needed and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in facility maintenance and a minimum of 2 years’ work experience troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining HVAC equipment OR a combination of training education and experience that is equivalent to the minimum qualifications listed and that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- HVAC certification required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to residents, staff, families, vendors, and all business relationships in English language.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, physical, and TB test.
- Must communicate with all levels of staff in an effective, neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to function as a member of the team in a multi-task environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and changing conditions.