The Janitor performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain Casa de Modesto in a neat, orderly, sanitary and safe condition.
- Performs general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed. Duties may include but are not limited to; dusting, cleaning/sanitizing, moping, vacuuming, and garbage removal.
- Cleans facility windows and blinds.
- Keeps walkways, stairways and exterior building clean and free from cobwebs.
- Stocks sand restocks closets, carts, supply room and patient/ non-patient areas.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Performs some floor care services as needed.
- Follows safety and infection control procedures at all times.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Ensures equipment is in proper working order at all times.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain business/professional boundaries with all staff, management and outside vendors.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and other required trainings.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs and assists with other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Janitorial/housekeeping experience in a healthcare facility preferred.
- Previous floor care experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to residents, staff, families, vendors, and all business relationships in English language.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, physical, and TB test.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff in an effective, neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to function as a member of the team in a multi-task environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and changing conditions.