The Groundskeeper I is responsible for the cleanliness, functionality, and aesthetic appeal of all outdoor areas at Casa de Modesto.
1. Responsible for weed management, sod laying, planting, fertilizing, watering, digging, cultivating and raking.
2. Cuts, trims/edges and prunes plants, hedges, bushes, trees, and lawns.
3. Maintains building exterior, sidewalks, and parking areas by cleaning and disposing of debris and trash properly.
4. Operates and maintains equipment used for grounds maintenance and repair including ATVs, mowers, blowers, and trimmers, etc.
5. Performs basic preventative and corrective grounds maintenance/repair tasks.
6. Operates sprinkler system and performs minor irrigation repairs.
7. Tends to seasonal needs of walkways and other site-specific structures like fountains, seating areas, fences and buildings.
8. Assists other maintenance staff with maintenance projects as needed.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Keeps the grounds in a clean, safe and attractive manner.
2. Keeps work areas and storage rooms neat and orderly.
3. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
4. Ensures equipment is in proper working order at all times.
5. Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department.
6. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
7. Maintain business/professional boundaries with all staff, management and outside vendors.
8. Attends and participates in department meetings and other required trainings.
9. Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures.
10. Performs and assists with other related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. High school diploma or equivalent required.
3. Must have valid California drivers’ license.
4. Knowledge of practical gardening methods preferred.
5. Knowledge and skill to operate commonly used grounds equipment and tools.
6. Ability to read and follow written instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
7. Ability to read, write and communicate to residents, staff, families, vendors, and all business relationships in English language.
8. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, physical, and TB test.
9. Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff in an effective, neutral and professional manner.
10. Ability to function as a member of the team in a multi-task environment.
11. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and changing conditions.