The Driver is responsible for providing safe, timely and courteous transportation for residents to and from various activities while providing quality service.
- Operates company vehicle(s) safely on outings, excursions, special activities and personal resident appointments.
- Confirms transportation schedule and appointments with the Business Office.
- Assists residents with any special needs during transportation; such as carrying packages, opening doors, assisting residents onto and out of the vehicle and to the point of destination.
- Secures passengers’ wheelchairs, walkers and other equipment to restraining devices to stabilize equipment during trip.
- Keeps vehicle(s) clean and sanitary, and in good operating condition. Keeps exterior of vehicle(s) clean and presentable.
- Accurately following routes, maps, and directions.
- Complies with standards and processes for proper vehicle inspection and driving. Completes daily maintenance checks on vehicle(s) by checking all fluid levels, lights, turn signals, parking brake, fuel etc. Notifies department Director of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains mileage and gas logs, as well as vehicle inspection logs.
- Follows all state and federal laws when operating the company vehicles.
- Practices/demonstrates safe driving habits at all times. Observes speed limits yet is still punctual and safe in transporting people.
- Immediately reports delays and/or accidents to department Director.
- Provides miscellaneous pickup and delivery services as needed.
- Acts as a member of the activity staff when on outings/excursions and at the facility as needed.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates computer and programs including other business office machines.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain business/professional boundaries with all staff, management and outside vendors.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and other required trainings.
- Complies with safety standards and ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff, residents, and guests at all times.
- Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and residents when needed.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs and assists with other related duties and special projects as needed and assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current California Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement and a clean driving record.
- First aid and CPR certification. Must obtain within 90-days of employment.
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, follow GPS
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures.
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate.
- Ability to operate a chair lift and secure regular and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all Casa de Modesto procedures and the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to residents, staff, families, vendors, and all business relationships in English language.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, physical, and TB test.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff in an effective, neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to function as a member of the team in a multi-task environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and changing conditions.