POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of food service functions, including serving food while maintaining a clean and sanitary conditions of food service areas, Facilities, and equipment. May assist in some aspects of food preparation.
- Follows recipes and menus for regular, texture modified and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares hot and cold food and beverages as directed by the Cook or the Director of Dietary Services, following recipes and menus for regular, texture modified, and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares trays with proper dishes, glasses, cups, and eating utensils for meals.
- Checks resident’s trays for proper condiments, and accurate food items. Transports trays to Nursing for meal delivery. Delivers trays to apartment residents upon request. Serve meals and beverages to Assisted Living residents.
- Prepares snacks and nourishments according to resident food preferences and physician’s orders.
- Cleans food preparation area and utensils after use and after meal services.
- Follows posted cleaning schedules utilizing proper sanitation and cleaning methods.
- Practices safety, infection control, and emergency procedures according to facility policies.
- If assigned, washes dishes, utensils, and wares. May also be assigned to clean the dish machine and related areas.
- Serves residents’ meals in a timely manner and resets tables for the next meal.
- Responsible for cleaning, general sanitation procedures, and operation and cleaning of kitchen equipment.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates computer and programs including other business office machines.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain business/professional boundaries with all staff, management and outside vendors.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and other required trainings.
- Complies with safety standards and ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff, residents, and guests at all times.
- Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and residents when needed.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Is courteous, considerate, and cooperative when communicating with all facility personnel, residents/patients, and family members.
- Performs and assists with other related duties and special projects as needed and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to residents, staff, families, vendors, and all business relationships in English language.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, physical, and TB test.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff in an effective, neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to function as a member of the team in a multi-task environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and changing conditions.